What We Do
We strive to empower service users who wish to return to a drug-free lifestyle by providing a range of services free of charge, designed to support families with addiction problems. We provide support services in a safe, clean environment, showing dignity and respect for those participating in our programs. We deliver these services through inter-agency linkages and strategic partnerships with the Health Service Executive Addiction Services (HSE), Tallaght Drugs & Alcohol Task Force (TDATF), POBAL and others as appropriate. Previously before JADD was established, individuals with addiction problems had to travel to Pearse Street and pay for GP and prescription services. Additionally, Methadone Treatment wasn’t available on the medical card system – this changed when the Methadone Protocol was established.
Who We Are
JADD was established in 1996 to create support services for clients and families with addiction problems. We provide:
- Education Rehabilitation Courses.
- Community Counselling Service.
- Childcare Services: Pre-school, Creche, Homework Club and Afterschool Activities.
- Community Support drop in which provides substance abuse information to local schools.
- Up to 70 Clients attend JADD on a daily basis for Medical and Methadone community support services.
- Family Support Tuesday evenings.
- Drop-in – Average 30 individuals per day. Brief Intervention and Crisis Intervention, Appointments,
- Assessments, Advocacy networking services, Residential Placements, Housing Support.
- Strengthening Families Tuesday evenings.
- Harm Reduction Health Promotion 7 days a week